Your current location:    Home  >  Life  >  Marriage

Registration for marriage of a foreigner and a resident with Futian hukou

Location: Futian District marriage registration office
Add: Fifth floor of building No. 233, Shixia No. 4 Street, Xinzhou S. Road, Futian District
Tel: 82928049 (24-hour service)
Registration office hours: 9 a.m.- 11:30 a.m., Monday - Saturday; 2 p.m. - 5:30 p.m., Monday - Thursday.

The registration takes about half an hour.

Fee: free of charge


1. Man must be at least 22 and woman must be at least 20
2. Neither party can already have a spouse (both parties must be unmarried, divorced or widowed)3. Marriage must be by mutual consent
4. Parties must not be lineal relatives by blood
5. Neither party can have a disease deemed medically unsuitable for marriage


Required documents for foreigners
1. Valid passport or other valid travel documents (original and copy)
2. A no-spouse certificate given by a notary institution or government department in a host country, which has to be authenticated by either a Chinese Embassy or consulate in the host country or by the host country's embassy (consulate) in China. A no-spouse certificate can also be given by the host country's embassy (consulate) in China.

Foreigners from an additional country without diplomatic relations with China must have the no-spouse certificate authenticated by both China's and the host country's embassy (consulate) in the third country. The authentication can be also done by the third country's embassy (consulate) in China. (The certificate is valid for six months after issuance. If the certificate is in a foreign language, a Chinese version is needed.)


Documents from both parties
1. A signed, written statement claiming no spouses and no lineal relation by blood. (The statement can either be downloaded from the Internet or acquired from the marriage registration office.)
2. Three couple photos ( 6 × 4 cm). Blue or red background suggested.


Registration process
1. Submission of required documents
2. Two parties file a marriage registration statement
3. Review of submitted documents
4. Issuance of marriage certificate.


Applicants can make an appointment one month ahead of the registration date.

(The information is authentic in Chinese. English is provided for reference only. )

Registering for marriage involving a foreigner and a resident with Futian hukou